Tips for your trial run:
- Wear a white shirt
- Bring your veil and any bridal hair jewelry if you already have them.
- Have pictures of looks that you like, even if it's only 1 thing about it that you like
- Do not wash your hair the day of, the natural oils add texture and shine.
- Have a clean, moisturized face
- If you bring someone with you, make sure it's someone who thinks like you and knows what you like
- Don't forget your camera!
- Expect to spend 1 hour with hair and 1 hour with makeup
- Be expressive, do not hold back your thoughts and criticism
- Make sure you eat something
- Have an emergency kit (scissors, pins, Advil...)
- It's your wedding day, don't stress and laugh when things go wrong.
- Bring pictures to show your makeup artist. It will make it easier to interpret what you mean by "natural", "smoky eyes", "heavy", "light"...
- Lipstick is the first to come off. Make sure that you and your bridal party own the lipstick or lipgloss that the makeup artist will be using on you.
- Makeup should be a little more extreme (line your eyes more, stronger blush) than usual for the wedding pictures to come out better. Otherwise, you might look washed out.
- Adding eyelashes is a subtle way to enhance your eyes.
First thing first, would you like your hair up or down?
Second, are you a plain Jane, or a glamour girl? Plain Janes feel more comfortable in a lower, simpler, not too detailed type of hairstyles. Whereas, glamour girls might want a higher, fuller, curlier and bigger statement type of hairstyles.
Third, make sure to get a hairstyle that compliments your facial structure. That means, if you have a small or big forehead, try sweeping your bangs. If you have a square jaw line, try leaving some tendrils around your face to soften the strong lines. If you have a long lean face, do not have a high updo as that will elongate your face even more.
Finally, get a hairstyle that also compliments your bridal gown:
-Princess Ball gown will look best with a bigger and higher updo
-Heavily decorated and beaded gowns will look best with curls and randomness
-Vintage gowns look best with finger waves and thick curls
-Strapless gowns will look best with some hair down
-Halter top gowns will look best with the hair up and off the shoulders
Remember, you are beautiful and this is your special day. Be prepared for a ton of compliments, and enjoy your gorgeous hair!